Market Trader Sponsorship – Start-Up / Entrepreneur
- Are you a new start-up / entrepreneur looking for a new opportunity to launch or expand your business?
- Do you have an innovative product / service that you believe will bring something different to Romford Market?
- Are you passionate about and have a good understanding of the town?
If you have answered “yes!” to the above, then we at the Romford BID have an amazing opportunity for you!
A little about the opportunity…
Romford BID are looking to support a new start-up business or entrepreneur by sponsoring a Romford Market Stall. Initially the BID will sponsor a stall for 6 months on Saturdays and Sundays with further support to eventually move onto your own Market Stall and/ or fixed unit within Romford!
The initial support will include the necessary equipment needed for a stall such as the gazebo, weights etc. as well as full support from the Romford BID Management Team and like-minded mentors from a similar background for the successful candidate.
**(Please Note: The BID will provide storage for the stall equipment, the successful applicant may need to help construct the stall equipment before trading, take down and put away at the end of each Saturday and Sunday.)**
Romford BID will also provide support with further equipment, that may be required, which will be discussed further at interview stage.
A little about us…
Romford BID was formed following a year-long consultation with the Romford business community, and officially launched in February 2019.
We have distilled the business plan priorities into some clear and simple objectives for the management team to follow:
- Romford should be clean, green, safe, and accessible – we will collaborate with key partners to enhance and compliment their work in delivering these functions.
- The BID must be “local & vocal”, primarily representing the views of the BID businesses but also recognising the input of customers, and visitors. We will actively lobby the local authority and other statutory bodies about the issues and challenges facing Romford town centre.
- We aim to deliver more customers, more often, spending more to our members.
How to apply…
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity you have been waiting for then get your “market voice” ready and put together a short introduction video (no more than 2 minutes long) explaining why you believe you and your product / business would be the perfect fit for this opportunity. When putting your video together, think big to get our attention!
Within your application we would also like you to cover the following points / questions:
1. What is your product / business and what will it bring to Romford?
2. Why should we invite you in for 2nd stage interview?
3. What are your long-term business goals / plans?
4. If you are successful, how will you ensure your commitment to the market stall for the minimum of 6 months?
We appreciate this will be difficult to put into a 2-minute video, so for any additional information, such as more detail about you and your product, websites, social media pages, etc. please add these details to the body of your email or attach a separate document when sending your video. If you could please keep additional details to no more than 1000 words (x2 A4 Pages).
Once both are complete, please save and email to email@example.com We will acknowledge your email and keep you updated with regards to next steps.
**(Please Note: Should you be successful in making it through to Stage 2 of the interview process, you will be invited in (Government restrictions permitting) to “Pitch for your Pitch”. This will be for you to present your business in a style of your choice, for example, a PowerPoint Presentation, flipchart or just talking us through your business in further detail.)**
Good luck! We look forward to receiving your video and additional details of your business.
The Romford BID Team