Essential to the Romford BID team are our Town Ambassadors. Tracey, Tony, Abigail and Rachel are local to Romford and passionate about making their town a welcoming, clean, safe, prime destination.
The Ambassadors are ground representatives of BID’s office-based team. They’re available to support businesses, customers and visitors by:
- - Promoting the BID and liaising with the office team to deliver exciting improvements across the area
- - Providing a welcoming presence to the local community and visitors
- - Visit and build a positive relationship with every business within the area
- - Be a champion of business needs, making sure their voices are heard
- - Influence a safe, clean and green Romford
- - Reinvigorate Romford’s profile as a prime destination
The Ambassadors patrol the BID area every day and record any issues found during this time. Using their phones and the specifically designed Strata App an email is sent immediate to report any issues found. The hosts will take photographic evidence, details of the problem and Strata automatically pinpoints the location. All this information is sent directly to the relevant departments within the local authority, contractors or other integrate partner agencies.
The BID office receives monthly management reports and actions outstanding issues when necessary. Reporting ranges from abandoned trolleys, broken pavements and lighting, graffiti and fly tipping. The hosts also communicate real time tracking of, beggars, rough sleepers, anti-social behaviour or security issues to the many agencies, security teams or Police. Their vigilance has prevented attempted shoplifting and their friendly approach has begun building key relationships with the businesses within our district.
Our Ambassadors have made regular business visits and had many visitor interactions. They’re committed to their work throughout bank holidays, and times such as Christmas and New Year. Easy to spot in their BID branded uniforms and working on a shift rota, the Ambassadors will always be available 7 days a week between 9-6pm.